2012年5月27日日曜日

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

         Last week, I learned about Wuthering Heights written by Emily Bronte.  At the first time, I could hardly understand what’s going in the story, and what I only could find was there is something dark image through the whole story I read.  Many difficult and complex words used in the story make it hard to understand the meaning.  I think some reasons about this including what I learned in the class.  Firstly, story is going between two unfriendly men and it is difficult for them to communicate smoothly with each other.  To describe how difficult it is to relate with the two men, the author used such incomprehensive words.  Secondly, the author used difficult words to show an object of readers.  As in Japanese literature, easy words are used in picture books for children, and complicated words are used in stories for adult.  Writing words that children cannot understand, the author showed who should read this book.  That’s my opinion about this question.
              Since CAPTER 1 is dark and not changing dramatically, I’m wondering how this story is going next and how this story ends.  But the story seems so hard that it will take me very long time to read and understand whole the story.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿