2012年6月17日日曜日

Monsters

      Last week, we read a story in which zombies appears.  It was very interesting story, and I wanted to read whole story.  So, this time, I’m going to write about monsters.
              When I hear the word “monsters”, I firstly think of vampires. 
              The stories of vampire have been told for a very long time.  Vampires are thought to be ghosts of dead people, slip out graveyards, and suck people’s blood.  The victims also become vampires.  They hate cross and garlic, and change into dust when they get sunshine.
              I have some images about vampires.  They are handsome, gentleman and polite.  They are monsters, but are not negative images.
              The legends of vampire became famous when Bram Stoker, an Irish writer, published the novel, Dracula (1897).  Since then, a lot of vampire stories have been made into novels, animations, and movies.  As to recentness, a movie, Dark Shadow which director is Tim Burton and main actor is Johnny Depp is now showing.  I haven’t watched the movie yet, but I’m very interested in it.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Dark Shadows was fun – partly because the vampire is not always good.

    Before Dracula there was an enormously popular Penny Dreadful called Varney the Vampire. Try that on Wikipedeia.

    返信削除