2012年4月23日月曜日

A Princess of Mars

              I studied about A Prince of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs the last day.  I didn’t know the title, but I could remember on hearing the name, John Carter.  I often watched this TV commercial because this story was made into movie recently.  I hadn’t been interested in the movie completely before I learned about this story, but now I want to watch this movie because I’m very interested in this story through this class.
              We learned about Carter’s look and some mysteries mainly.  Firstly, reading the paragraph referring his description, I imagined a typical hero and also the man who I watched on the TV commercial. Most of heroes I know are big, strong, kind, and handsome man.  Secondly, in the FOREWORD of this story, there are some mysteries.  15 or 16 years after the Civil War, Carter didn’t age and looked sad, and he died little before “I” arrived at his house.  The situation of his death is also strange.  I couldn’t understand the last paragraph of FOREWORD describing the tomb well, but I felt this part is also mystery.
              I learned all the book covers of SF story in those days of A Princess of Mars was drawn a naked woman regardless of the contents of story.  I thought this kind of book cover was easy for men to take, but women might hesitate to take.
             
If I have time, I want to read all through this story.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿